***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics

Attachments

• 33ACAE34-7994-47E7-9955-05E02A73D56B.jpeg
    33ACAE34-7994-47E7-9955-05E02A73D56B.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 13
I think I have one of each and will be rehoming them as a pair if so. They are so close and attached to each other it seems cruel to separate them and I’m not allowed a roo.
What a shame! We aren't zoned for roos either! But if one of yours is a cockerel he'll need at least one more Crevie hen or else he'll wear out mating just one Crevie hen. If only roos weren't so noisy crowing there would be a lot more saved in this world!

I’m so jealous! My babies are all so close I hate knowing that just because one is a boy they might have to be separated 💔View attachment 2202095

Breaks my heart too! Re-homing birds is not easy on the emotions!

I don't care what anyone says -- but in my 9 years of backyard chickens I've found that alike breeds do bond better with each other -- I have two Dominique hens that were babies together and as 3-yr-old adults they're always toodling around close to each other. It was the same when I had two Silkies together -- they toodled around together away from the other hens. A single breed without a matching breed as a companion in the backyard flock is practically an outcast. Some standard size breeds like Leghorns, Barred Rocks, Breda, or Rhode Islands don't seem to mind being loners but toss in an alike breed like themselves and it changes the dynamic -- they pal together. I've watched videos of different breeds and when they settled down for mid-day snoozing it was interesting how most of the alike breeds huddled in their own little group.

Your birdies are so adorable!

Breaks my heart too! Re-homing birds is not easy on the emotions!

I don't care what anyone says -- but in my 9 years of backyard chickens I've found that alike breeds do bond better with each other -- I have two Dominique hens that were babies together and as 3-yr-old adults they're always toodling around close to each other. It was the same when I had two Silkies together -- they toodled around together away from the other hens. A single breed without a matching breed as a companion in the backyard flock is practically an outcast. Some standard size breeds like Leghorns, Barred Rocks, Breda, or Rhode Islands don't seem to mind being loners but toss in an alike breed like themselves and it changes the dynamic -- they pal together. I've watched videos of different breeds and when they settled down for mid-day snoozing it was interesting how most of the alike breeds huddled in their own little group.

Your birdies are so adorable!
Thank you 😊 my crevs will stay together no matter what. I will definitely miss them so much if it comes to rehoming. But they do belong together ❤️

Here is an update on my guy. Can I even call him a crevecour without a beard? He actually seems to fit a crevecour variation that they call Merleraults. I will be needing to rehome him soon and want to accurately identify him.

Attachments

• F4012935-B249-460E-ACD0-CE3B9D8ABDD7.jpeg
    F4012935-B249-460E-ACD0-CE3B9D8ABDD7.jpeg
    872.8 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom