Criags list

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by beerman, May 12, 2010.

1. beerman

beerman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Smithville, il
    Why do people post things then when you want to buy them they never get back to you? Why when you are selling things lets say for $500 people call up and say will you take $75 and when you say no the say well I can't afford $500. Why when you say NO TRADES people call and say I will trade you a broken TV or a tattoo.
    Ahh I feel better
    Feel free to add to my list
    Brian

2. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Most are scams,

3. fowlmamma

fowlmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    northeastern pa
    Im Really Annoyed With Cl Last Year I Had Success Selling Chicks But This Year Sucks I Get These Crazy Emails Like Im A Grandmother Taking Care Of 11 Grandkids And I Have Bad Health Do You Want To Donate Them To Me. And Then You Have The Emails With # That Are Highlighted To Give Viruses. Oh And Then The Real People That Call And Say I Will Only Pay A Buck For Chicks Well Why Call Me Then Go To The Darn Tractor Store And Buy Um For A Buck.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    or you advertise Mother's Day hatch chicks, $5 each, silkies, ameraucanas, cochins, etc... and they think you MUST sell them any live bird you own for that $5 price, weeks later. PPpppfft!

5. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Just say FIRM and NO TRADES [​IMG]

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Or they say "call me" and when you do you get a voicemail and they never call or e-mail you back. Or they give you a garbled number and when you e-mail them back to get a good number they never respond. Or you get one that looks like their two year old was playing with their computer.

There are a lot of screwballs on Craigslist.

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    It is annoying as all get out. But I have had some luck with CL, rehoming roos mostly.

I am naturally suspicious though, so I can weed the deadbeats out pretty fast. I used to bend over backwards for people, not any more. I had a guy last week who wanted me to hold a rooster for him. He didn't show up when he said he would, didn't call so that rooster went to the next person who wanted it.

LOL, I listed some birds last week- a few days later I had won the Irish Lottery! All I had to do was send money to Nigeria. Um no, I think not. But CL is a prime source of email scams.

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I have found with craigslist to check the block so they can't send you emails. Like Ranchhand I did feel bad about loosing all those millions I won but somebody else needed it more than me. lol

Steve

9. Gander360

Gander360 New Egg

May 8, 2010
    Silverdale
    This might not be the right place for this, But I have had good luck with Craigs list. The 2 1/2 acre farm we now rent was on CL. The day it was listed, we responded, saw the place and said to remove the add, it was ours! It has fruit trees everywhere, several out buildings including an old chicken coop that must of held 30-50 hens at one time. All this for some ridiculously low rental price. Other than that, I don't do a lot with CL.

10. Melissakins

Melissakins Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    South Alabama
    Did anyone see the news thing about a family who lost their Dad/husband from a posting they did on Craig's List? They'd advertised a ring and two folks came to buy it and all hades broke loose.

it's here:
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37082569/ns/today/

This is AWFUL! Be careful about posting stuff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by