Crickets and mealworms?

OMG the chicks loved both the pin head crickets and the mealy worms we only give as a treat.
But once they figured out what they where it took about 2 mins. it was a freenzie. Who was chasing who. I want yours no you can;t have mine.
ok I'll find my own but you can't have any of mine. They were only about a week and a half. But be prepared they grow faster with all that good protein.
It was so funny to watch.
lau.gif

I can not wait to get them now. I did some math and if I add 5,00 mealies to my order once in a while it will only raise the price of my order about 10.00 with shipping so I think I am can afford to give them a treat every now and then :)

Thank you for your help guys.

I throw everything onto the ground for them. Some crickets *will* escape, but it provides exercise, and scratching for mealworms is part of their natural instinct.

What are you breeding? I have snakes, so I feed my chickies fat pinkies every now and then :p

I raised mealies for my sugar gliders. It was super easy! I accidentally ended up raising crickets too when I had a gecko that didn't eat all of them. Once they reproduced I was almost over run in the cage. Gave a lot of the crickets to the local fishermen. Might have to try to use my old aquarium and get a cricket colony started again when I get my chickens. Just another item on my list of things I might try.

Quote:
I breed poison dart frogs, tree frogs, a couple toads, axolotls, and a couple different kinds of geckos.

Chickens can eat pinkies?

It is not difficult or time consuming at all to raise mealies.

I keep mine in a tote with oats and corn meal as a bedding. Every now and then I throw in an apple or potatoe slice.

Quote:
I breed poison dart frogs, tree frogs, a couple toads, axolotls, and a couple different kinds of geckos.

Chickens can eat pinkies?

It is not difficult or time consuming at all to raise mealies.

I keep mine in a tote with oats and corn meal as a bedding. Every now and then I throw in an apple or potatoe slice.

Super cool!!!! How hard is to raise the P-dart frogs & where can you buy them?

Am I allowed to give out the website of my local guy?

www.thebugdepot.com

tell him I sent you :)

And if I am not allowed to give out his info please let me know and I will delete it.

Dart frogs are super easy, If you set the tank of right. I vend alot of shows with my darts ( selling and buying)

Back
Top Bottom