Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres some pics of my amigurumi that I am making, 2 are pics from the book and 2 are ones of the things in progress. Scrambled I went to the post yesterday and forgot to take you package with me, so they will go out tomorrow morning. hope ya'll like the pics. maw.
turkensandchicks009.jpg

turkensandchicks010.jpg

turkensandchicks011.jpg

turkensandchicks013.jpg

turkensandchicks012.jpg

Awwwww Mawchick, you are so talented! They are so cute! I love them! Thanks for sharing. You'll have to share the pattern.

I'm beat! Staggered hatches are exhausting! My blue Amereacanas hatched late last night and into the wee morn hrs. They are soooooo cute!
I'll share pics soon.

I have over 30 squares done. I think maybe 37, but I think I only have 30 that are BYC Hooker Club worthy to send. I've had a crazy schedule, but will get them in the mail soon.

Everyone have a great day!

Hello everyone!
Sorry I've been MIA lately. We've been out of water since the first Earthquake Friday, so we've stayed elsewhere. You don't realize just how spoiled you are until you're without water or electricity. In the past 6 months, we've been out of one or the other 4 times. I now find myself quietly joyous every time I flip the switch and have lights or turn the shower knob and water sprays out.

I've scimmed through the posts and saw your squares, afghan, and other projects. May I say... beautiful! Such talent. Maybe one day when I no longer feel I'm chasing my tail, I will tackle one of those afghans for my daughter. I think she'd love it!

We now have 4 broody hens "quarantined" because my overly hormonal boys like them best. I've also quarantined a few of my overly zealous boys in hopes of helping with the bareback ladies. I have a 10-1 ratio but only a select few are constantly being "chosen" ... poor girls. I know this sounds silly but I think a couple of my hens have PTSD! lol They wander around in a daze waiting for the next "ride" to begin. It's so sad. I may need to get them therapy. LOL

Know that you're missed! Hope all of you are well. See ya next time.
yippiechickie.gif
HC Kelly
yippiechickie.gif

p.s. Who do I need to send money to in order to get that adorable stitch marker to me? If you'll PM me, that would be great! I won't be using it now but I have a feeling that I may try to learn this sometime this winter. For now, it'llcome in handy as my bookmark! Yay!!

Quote:
Em, I'm so sorry you lost a child to cancer. I can't imagine what you went through. I lost a son 3 years ago, he was stillborn. So, to help me heal I like to crochet burial clothes for all the little angels that don't make it. We also make memory boxes, preemie clothes, rosary bracelets, etc. I think our children would be proud of us
smile.png

Em & Terri I'm so sorry both of you have suffered the tragic loss of a child, words cannot express my sympathy for you.
hugs.gif

Jess, those little eggs are precious!!! Kelly, bless your heart!! Wondered where you've been! And, you owe me nothing for your bookmark...yes, yours was made long with a hook over the top especailly for a bookmark since you dont hook! I'll send it out with the squares. Thanks for your cheerleading!

Thank you to Bantychickmom too for helping me out during teh daytime when I cant post on the forums!! Thanks Tammy!

ya'll "git er done"!!
smile.png
smile.png

Final Crochet Square Swap Participation List:

Chicks Rule
Peeps7
Chicknthief - (Carries' daughter) - squares received
Ozark Hen - (Carrie) - squares received
Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) - squares received - lol!
Arlee453
Jeaucamom
Mangled - (Em) - squares received
CityGirlInTheCountry (Ann) -squares received
Smitty'sFarm
5azsisters - (Jacie) - squares received
Crazy4Chicks
mustangsaguaro
K&H Chicken Farm
Justusnak
gina99mark - (Gina) - squares received
Wegotchickens
Miss Prissy
Wildsky
ChickenRanchWife - (Jada) - square received
Bantymum
tntstanifer
mamaboyd
Mawchickkidie - (Jessica) - squares received
BantyChickMom - (Tammy) - squares received
AlpacaChick
Mexisbirds
Salamander
ChickenGeek
Greentree - (Nancy) - squares received
tiki244
jc12551
Southernsibe
TB1 - (Teri) - squares received
SweetLilRachyoo

Total = 35

Contingent - EggCentric
Binkey
Illinois Kelly = 38

Squares are due to be completed no later than May1st! 20 are required, more are gladly accepted! All squares will be sorted and evenly distributed according to the total number completed...so crank 'em on out ya'll!!!!​

Darlene, Hopefully my squares will be in the mail tomorrow. They may not all be perfect, but, isn't that half the fun of the swap? LOL. I don't go to the post office, my daughter picks up my mail and brings it when she drops the grandkids off, so have had a hard time getting them posted. I do beleive she is sending a MO for the return postage, hope that is ok.

They may not all be perfect, but, isn't that half the fun of the swap?

Yes, it is!!!!! There are alot of nice colors and designs so far, alot of nice squares, none perfect, mine included so please don't worry about that!!!

Please be mindful of the time and everyone that committed to the swap please get your squares finihsed up and sent..the required number was 20, alot of folks have sent more but some have just sent the required 20....crank 'em on out ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

I have 19 and I'm going to work on more this weekend!!! I'm going to make it!! Woohooo!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with them once I get them though. I want something special, to represent all of us chicken lovin' hookers
wink.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom