Crocheting with Bailing Twine? Anyone ever?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I was feeding the cows this morning and picking up the twine other people had thrown on the floor and started wondering what i could do with it. I could drop it at a twine recycle place but what about making somehting out of it??

has anyone ever used bailing twine to make something out of? specifically crochet?

I've got a couple barrels full of orange & blue bailing twine!

I was feeding the cows this morning and picking up the twine other people had thrown on the floor and started wondering what i could do with it. I could drop it at a twine recycle place but what about making somehting out of it??

has anyone ever used bailing twine to make something out of? specifically crochet?

I've got a couple barrels full of orange & blue bailing twine!
Hey Bleenie~

Did you create anything w/ your twine yet? I save all mine from the straw bales, but haven't done anything with mine yet. It's just so nice and strong. I feel like it's a waste to throw away.

I was thinking of trying to crochet some planters(like flower pots) with it. I think if i can work it well/tight enough, it'll do a good job of holding in the dirt and still ahve good drainage. I actually just brought the twine up tonight so I could try :)

I mostly have orange twine so they probably won't be the prettiest planters but maybe i can 'sprice' them up somehow
idunno.gif

That's a great idea! If you make anything, will you post a photo?? I'll start saving ours for crochet and I'll take a photo too :)

I started it last night and boy is it tough to work with!! I started using a big needle and then had to sqitch to a smaller one to be able to pull it though! I got the base done and 1 row along the side. I will post as soon as i get it finished! :)

and you can make a loooped carpet or door rug for outside to wipe feet. Or a mat for the chicken nesting box.

Macrame (sp) plants, have to rig it up so it can take various sizes of pots.

Back
Top Bottom