Crooked beak

TherryChicken

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
del valle, tx
I have a BO chick that's 1 month and 5 days old. I bought it from someone along with 2 others. It came and they all looked fine, BUT as this one chick grew it's beak began to grow crooked. The bottom beak is where it should be, but the top grows crooked. The more it gets older, the more it seems to get crooked. So far she is STILL the fatest one in the group, but will this cause any harm later in life? She's my fave out the others as she's more pet friendly.

It is something that she can 9 times out of 10 live with. I got a few hens about a month ago with one crossed beak girl in the group. She was a little skinny when I got her but she has fattened up since then. She is actually really bossy and beats up my cockerels! I would just keep an extra eye on her to make sure she is getting food and water. I don't think she will need assistants but always good to be aware :). Also! If you ever want to hatch chicks do not use her. It is something she can pass off to her offspring and it's good to have someone who is responsible and takes action not to breed crossed beak birds so the deformity is not passed on to others :).

Here are some pictures of my girls cross beak. She is roughly 14 months old.

It is something that she can 9 times out of 10 live with. I got a few hens about a month ago with one crossed beak girl in the group. She was a little skinny when I got her but she has fattened up since then. She is actually really bossy and beats up my cockerels! I would just keep an extra eye on her to make sure she is getting food and water. I don't think she will need assistants but always good to be aware :). Also! If you ever want to hatch chicks do not use her. It is something she can pass off to her offspring and it's good to have someone who is responsible and takes action not to breed crossed beak birds so the deformity is not passed on to others :).

Here are some pictures of my girls cross beak. She is roughly 14 months old.

Oh wow, I'm just curious how they can eat if they can't grip it well cause of their beak? I'm going to get pics of my BO later today. They are just going to be used for eggs :). No breeding. BTW very pretty girl you have!

Here are picks of my BO chick
150216_3871714316259_580320743_n.jpg

579103_3871714476263_580188167_n.jpg

550812_3871714716269_1515221078_n.jpg

422979_3871714916274_1659340198_n.jpg

She is such a sweet heart LOVE her, not even a strugger when gently layed to her back or forced, she just lays there.
We have named her Bonny

Back
Top Bottom