Crooked Neck

Mariahlyn

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 4, 2016
My Delaware hen, Quasimodo, had a backwards head and hump back when I bought her, she was 2 days old. She is now 6 months old and laying almost daily. Can anyone tell me why or what caused it? She can look forwards a lot better now then when she was a chick, but she still can't look up. I'm thinking she got stepped on when she was young and put her neck out of place. She is super sweet! Please no culling advice. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! It does look like some kind of deformity but she seems to look well even with that. You might like to pop over to the emergencies injuries disease section, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
I've not seen this before but I'm sure members there will be able to help you.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

Hope everything turns out ok,

CT

There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. She is beautiful in her own way. Not only that, she is healthy and I can tell dearly loved. :thumbsup

There is no good reason to cull her - sounds like she is doing fine. Glad you didn't cull her - some folks are too trigger happy and just don't like to deal with any problem.

I have a chicken with Wry Neck. I couldn't find vitamin E and Selenium together for chickens so I bought some that is for Equine (horses) in pellet form. I can't find anywhere the dosage amount to give to my sweet chick. Please help!

Back
Top Bottom