Crop Duster Jerk! Hope my critters don't die :(

I don't care what anybody thinks, bug killer causes cancer, just ask anyone who camped permanent at Willow lake in ohio. They used to spray for mosquitoes either weekly or nightly I can't remember, We know of 8 people my DH grandparents camped with that died of cancer including my DH grandfather!
That is scary. I would contact the land owner and ask questions. Let him know this better not happen again, What if children were outside playing. Yikes, I'd be very angry
Brenda

I understand your concerns, one year the DNR up here dropped something and never said anything that year the hospital reported their highest number of still borns and miscarries. They put it down to that spray. Now the DNR puts it over the news and the radio if they are going to spray and asks that all pregnant women and children stay in that day. Even the OB's let ya know

I used to get freaked out often in CA - there was a lake I would visit, they had a childrens playground, ducks lots of cool things.

I saw some guys in HAZMAT suits spraying on the water once, with kids playing less than 40 feet away - never went back.

1) If it was an insecticide, there would be NO insects crawling out of the field. Plus I'm not sure his insurance carrier would allow him to spray insecticide that close to any residence.

2) He is probably spraying a fungicide on the crop--probably corn?--. What it will do is make your garden/grass more resistant to fungus diseases.

He shouldn't be spraying your place as his insurance agent would hit the roof. Some of them are cowboys most are very diligent and stop spraying 50' from property lines.

Last edited:
fungicide makes more sence know that I think about it. If it was weed killer then I should see my pasture and lawn dying by now and there are still hundreds of grasshoppers around so I guess it was not bug killer. I just wish they had not sprayed our pasture and the landlord's hog barn but I don't mind them spraying the bean field as they need to to protect their crops.

Back
Top Bottom