Crop Feeding Sick Hen, Losing Wt, Slow Crop, Liquid from Beak, Wiggling Neck

I'm going through the exact same thing right now with a turkey hen. Her crop gets so full that food and liquid pour out when she puts her head down. :thShe's also doing that weird head and neck thing. I started her on Baytril, metronidazole, Valbazen, and Corid. Today I am going to add Nystatin and ketoconazole in case she has some yeast.

Your turkey hen is in good hands! You are loaded for bear when it comes to meds on hand.

The worst "refunding" I've experienced was back on 4/2 when she poured like, what felt like, a faucet upon picking her up. More recently is the little bits of food, though.

I haven't witnessed the "S" wiggle neck move since yesterday, one time. (Before that was also brief, 10 days ago.)

Maybe I should be looking into these other meds as well.

The feed store down the street has fish penicillin and fish amoxicillin. My local Tractor Supply store (California) is telling me they no longer carry antibiotics and I would need to go through a vet. I found Baytril as Enrofloxacin 10% (100ml) online (Jedds Fine Avian Products), but the fastest I can get it here is 2nd day air. Would that be too long to wait?
Okay, I'm not losing my mind.

Back
Top Bottom