Crop issues?

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I will start massaging and keep her isolated and see how things go.

First thing I would do is give fluids several times a day and do crop massage each time, see if you can break up what is in the crop and get it to pass. You can also give coconut oil, that can help lubricate things and help with constipation if that's an issue. Freeze or refrigetate the coconut oil til firm and then break in peices and put in the beak and she will swallow it. There are many possiblilities when there is a crop issue (all discussed in the links I gave you before), have your birds ever been wormed or had a fecal done to check for them? A worm load can cause a backed up crop. Reproductive problems are another common cause of slow crops, do you feel any bloat in the abdomen, between the legs below the vent? You can compare with others if you are not sure. Eating a foreign object can cause a blockage or partial blockage. Crop problems are often a symptom of something else farther down the digestive tract that we can't see. I would not feed anything fiberous at all, only water soluble things that are easy to digest. Mixing her regular feed with water to make a mash they usually like.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I will start massaging and keep her isolated and see how things go.
Ps: never been wormed no and she doesnt feel swollen anywhere else than her ceop area where she plucked her feathers. I wonder if its just coincidentally or if she did that because it was painful ?

Update: after feeding yogurt with a bit of oil and water with ACV and massaging...still no change. Today is thr first day I see her energy level dropping severely but it is very warm out so it could be that. She is still willing to eat anything. I did syringe lots of water in her today if i could loosen up the mass. It feals like clay and can't regurgitate it. I dont want her to suffer and surgery would be out of the question. Last ditch advice? I read somewhere papaya could help break down the blockage? Thx

Back
Top Bottom