Crop Problem, hen wont eat!!

so the crop has been emptying but she is still pooping seeds no matter what. I have stopped giving her access to seeds and normal chicken feed for about a day or more now, if her crop is digesting and she is pooping often, how can she still be pooping seeds. I attached a picture of her poop from last night.
she is eating a lot lately but i cant give her enough food To Satisfy her. I have been giving one scrambled egg, green peas and beans, and mealworms and she eats it and wants more. She also pecks at the baby bird food and applesauce. I feel like i am just slowly starving her and she isn’t happy being inside. She also is already very skinny.

What is the next thing i should do?

Attachments

• A85FFCD7-42F1-46B3-99F0-9FE15938839D.jpeg
    A85FFCD7-42F1-46B3-99F0-9FE15938839D.jpeg
    580.1 KB · Views: 4
so the crop has been emptying but she is still pooping seeds no matter what. I have stopped giving her access to seeds and normal chicken feed for about a day or more now, if her crop is digesting and she is pooping often, how can she still be pooping seeds. I attached a picture of her poop from last night.
she is eating a lot lately but i cant give her enough food To Satisfy her. I have been giving one scrambled egg, green peas and beans, and mealworms and she eats it and wants more. She also pecks at the baby bird food and applesauce. I feel like i am just slowly starving her and she isn’t happy being inside. She also is already very skinny.

What is the next thing i should do?
I am considering acidified copper sulfate... any input and dosing ?
Is her crop starting to feel more flat from overnight?
You are taking out food/water at night when she's sleeping - yes?

I don't know why there are seeds still there - likely she was impacted or partially blocked and now that's starting to move.

Provide her with her normal feed made into a mash and give a little egg as a treat. She can have her normal feed if the crop is mostly emptying. Always provide water during waking hours.

Give it some time to all work. I would not jump to ACS just yet.

Is her crop starting to feel more flat from overnight?
You are taking out food/water at night when she's sleeping - yes?
Well yesterday morning she seemed to go a bit crazy with her food and water and filled herself up so now she is about to have an empty crop again. And yes i am

I don't know why there are seeds still there - likely she was impacted or partially blocked and now that's starting to move.
thats what i am thinking as well.

Provide her with her normal feed made into a mash and give a little egg as a treat. She can have her normal feed if the crop is mostly emptying. Always provide water during waking hours.

Give it some time to all work. I would not jump to ACS just yet.
I did more research on the acs and it doesnt seem like I need it now But i have it so thats good. I will give her that and yes she always has access to water.

Now though, her 8 year old sister, a new hampshire, is Sick and i am having trouble identifying it. I am going to make a new thread about it...

Back
Top Bottom