Cross Breeding

LeviHan

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2015
Is it okay to cross breed Pekin, West India, and Black and white magpie ducks? I think that I have 4\5 boys (2 of my pekins, and my West India have drake feathers, but my last pekin hasn't lost it's fluff around the tail so I can't tell) and my black and white magpie (Nemo) is a girl. I won't be able to get more ducks until next year, and I can't get rid of any of my ducks, it's just too hard for me to, so I was wondering if they would all look okay mixed together.

Why do you want to breed them? Just to have more? Pets? If you have trouble getting rid of them already you will have more trouble with mixed breed ducks. It's technically ok to breed them and I'm sure they would be adorable but I honestly advise against breeding just to breed, you should have a purpose.

I agree, it would be hard to re home mixed duck... I currently have 14 eggs under a broody hen and they are lavender Orpington/ leghorn cross... And a bantam Cochin mix :p do I don't know how easy it will be re home them :D

I like my ducks aaaaaayyy too much. They're very entertaining to watch. I just wanted to make that there wouldn't be any issues with crossing them, by that I mean physical issues. I got ducks because of all the tiny seed ticks my chickens and guinea aren't eating and so far they're doing a great job. I also want to start selling eggs as a small source of income.

Back
Top Bottom