Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
I
#1- orpington mix
#2- wyandotte mixes (front), leghorn mix (back)
#3- wyandotte mix (front), easter egger mix (back)
#4- polish mix
#5- mix of mixes, could have some leghorn in him
#6- brown leghorn mix

I really love #5's coloring. They are all very nice mutts!
Thanks!! I got 14 from my sons class. 9 are roosters and 5 were hens. So I do have some more mixed breeds. Those are just a few I had on my phone.

I

Thanks!! I got 14 from my sons class. 9 are roosters and 5 were hens. So I do have some more mixed breeds. Those are just a few I had on my phone.
Ok, I was "close" on the first 2. :gig
I think your birds are possibly under a year old? so they would officialy be cockerels and pullets. But for now let's say they're a year old n call em roosters and hens.
Wow! Do you have plans for your roosters?

Ok, I was "close" on the first 2. :gig
I think your birds are possibly under a year old? so they would officialy be cockerels and pullets. But for now let's say they're a year old n call em roosters and hens.
Wow! Do you have plans for your roosters?
They are under a year old, they were hatched last May. Some of those pics are older. I also have some older hens. I don’t think any were in pics. Right now I have the boys out and they are just free ranging. We have about 14 ac and they just roam around, as long as they don’t cause issues they can stay. They are very aggressive with the females but i don’t let the females out much just bc I’ve had a lot going on lately and haven’t really had time to go out with them but I’ll probably start letting them out soon and hopefully the boys will leave them alone long enough to let the eat and scratch.

So you have 17 females and 9 males all together, right? The boys are going to be sowing their oats often. The standard recommendation is a minimum of 10 female chickens for each male. Overmating can lead to feather loss/baldness especially on backs, necks, and heads. This can also lead to bleeding because the skin is exposed. For 9 males you would need 73 more females. One idea might be to make a separate coop and pen just for your beautiful boys. If you want to raise chicks you only need one for the gals you have so pick the best, nicest, friendliest boy you have for breeding. Just be ready to raise more boys. Many people decide to never have a rooster because they just want the eggs. It's all your call but your girls will suffer badly with so much male attention.

So you have 17 females and 9 males all together, right? The boys are going to be sowing their oats often. The standard recommendation is a minimum of 10 female chickens for each male. Overmating can lead to feather loss/baldness especially on backs, necks, and heads. This can also lead to bleeding because the skin is exposed. For 9 males you would need 73 more females. One idea might be to make a separate coop and pen just for your beautiful boys. If you want to raise chicks you only need one for the gals you have so pick the best, nicest, friendliest boy you have for breeding. Just be ready to raise more boys. Many people decide to never have a rooster because they just want the eggs. It's all your call but your girls will suffer badly with so much male attention.
They’re sepersted, the boys are outside, they just free range. I have feeders and water outside the coop for them. They don’t have contact with the females.

And I have 7 males, 2 were rehomed. I have 3 more that I would love to rehome though. They’re very vocal and they’re also very sketchy. They sometimes chase little kids but they don’t jump on them or I should say haven’t yet. I’m sure it’s coming. They have little man syndrome... they’re way smaller than the other 4.

My something cross something rooster Bentley
4E3C25AE-804D-4D3E-8074-0BFE33F34C80.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom