Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
I'm planning ahead for next spring already, lol. I have a RIR roo and wondering which cross would be best. My hens at EE, buff Orps, RIR and barred rocks. My main goal is egg production but also like some beauty too. Suggestions?

I'm planning ahead for next spring already, lol. I have a RIR roo and wondering which cross would be best. My hens at EE, buff Orps, RIR and barred rocks. My main goal is egg production but also like some beauty too. Suggestions?

Well, if you use the barred rock hens, the chicks will be sexable by color at hatch... That's best for egg production since you don't have to raise a bunch of boys if you don't want to.

Anyone have any photos of a giant blue Cochin roo over an EE hen?? :) I have 3 of these little cuties under a broody momma and I am so excited about the possibilities!!

I really want cross breeds now. They're so beautiful!
love.gif

That's kind of surprising since those breeds seldom go broody. Hope you're doing well!
Thanks! They are doing great...and they are under a surrogate momma, a tiny bantam frizzle. :) I am excited to see what that combo makes!! She's also brooding a couple silkie Cochin crosses.

Back
Top Bottom