Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
Is it possible to cross modern game with anything?
All chickens are the same species. They can all be interbred. Sort of like dogs. Any dog to any other dogs, regardless of breed. Size may be a little problematic, but love will find a way.

yippiechickie.gif

very nice birds.

you might be able to answer my questions:

1. silkie/ easter egger cross - what colour of egg does she lay and how many per week? this is my silkie/rumpless araucana cross (hen was silkie) and I hope she will lay blue eggs:

2. if I cross egg layers and meat birds, is it important which one is male/female? I would like to get meatier egg layers so that I can cull extra cockerels. if I cross ameraucana roo with faverolles hen will the chicks be bigger?

1. She should lay green/blue eggs
2. I believe with mixing breeds, it could be a hit/miss experience. If you want meatier chicks, go with something like Austrolops X Cornish or Rock. Hybrids are often larger than either parent. Good luck. I am trying for the same thing, but all my chickens are heavy dual purpose breeds. It will be interesting.

Here are a few of my crosses that I think are absolutely adorable. My crosses all have the same father; my buff laced polish rooster, Elvis.
Mother was a Rhode Island Red:

Mother was a buff Orpington:

Mother was a white leghorn:

Mother was a buff and white Easter Egger:

Mother was a black jersey giant:

Here is a pic of Elvis (the dad) just cause
1f609.png

do you notice any difference between incubator and broody hatched chicks?

I have only 1 little brahma hatched by a broody and this chick is so intelligent and independent. the others I bought are incubator hatched and they are sort of dummy.

I also got 1 marans pullet which is very smart and I think she has been hatched by a broody as well.
In my experience, the broody raised chicks I have are more independent and most importantly, healthier. They develop a stronger immune system from being exposed to more local pathogens. I can't say much about intelligence, since chickens are like any living breathing creature. Some are smarter than others, hence, they may live longer?
idunno.gif

1. She should lay green/blue eggs
2. I believe with mixing breeds, it could be a hit/miss experience. If you want meatier chicks, go with something like Austrolops X Cornish or Rock. Hybrids are often larger than either parent. Good luck. I am trying for the same thing, but all my chickens are heavy dual purpose breeds. It will be interesting.
thank you.

I want to get meatier easter eggers. I went to buy ameraucana cockerel but unfortunately he got killed by geese. I got rumpless araucana instead. and my faverolles pullet died yesterday. as for my orpington, I am still not sure if it is boy or girl. bad luck this year. I will definitively raise chicks with the broodies.

All u would get is a Blue, Black or Splash Maranx that looks like almost identical to a Maran.

I did cross a Welsummer with an Australorp and liked the outcome

Back
Top Bottom