Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
I have never hatched eggs before. And I am new to chickens ( April) but my parents hen went broody and they have no rooster. So I gave her 4 fertile eggs yesterday. I so excited.... They are all crossed with my blue copper maran... The hens are black austrolurp, amber link, and a isa brown. I think 3 I put were from austrolurp and one from one of the other hens. (But not sure which hen) I sure hope they make it. Have to go over there next week to try to separate her maybe... I love how your chicken looks . hope mine turn out cute and hens :)

Alright, I just put 7 eggs in my incubator set to hatch on the 30th. The dark chocolate spotty ones are either splash or black copper marans (pure). The blue one is a blue Americana cross with a blue marans, and the brown ones are just random crosses from my flock. I am so excited!!! If anyone has any of these crosses, please can you post a picture so that i kinda have an idea of what they might look like. Thanks

I have never hatched eggs before. And I am new to chickens ( April) but my parents hen went broody and they have no rooster. So I gave her 4 fertile eggs yesterday. I so excited.... They are all crossed with my blue copper maran... The hens are black austrolurp, amber link, and a isa brown. I think 3 I put were from austrolurp and one from one of the other hens. (But not sure which hen) I sure hope they make it. Have to go over there next week to try to separate her maybe... I love how your chicken looks . hope mine turn out cute and hens
smile.png

Here is a picture of one of my crosses between a Blue copper Marans roo, and a black Australorp.m

Ordered as a Barnevelder, Enya didn't look quite right when she started to feather out. I've been told by a couple sources that she looks like a Welsummer/Barnevelder mix. Whatever she is, she's beautiful!
smile.png

-Alex

I am not familiar with those breeds but she is really beautiful! nice name as well.

I have quiet a few.

They are all from last year. All I have are baby pictures though... Anyways, here goes...

First time momma hen with her first five chicks. All turned out to be girls too!

Judith

Rosy

Margey

Shadow

Spring

Judith is from a California white hen and a RIR rooster. Rosy is from a RIR hen and a RIR rooster. Margey is from one of my EE banty hens and A RIR rooster. Shadow is from my BSL hen and my RIR rooster. And spring is from my white cochin banty hen and my RIR rooster. They were 9 days old.

Older pictures of Judith and Spring

Judith

Spring

They were about a month there I believe, maybe older.

That's a baby picture of my golden laced Wyandotte hen crossed with a RIR rooster cockerel. He was 3 days old there. His name is pippin.

He was a little over a week here.

His sister Merry. She was a week old as well. She was a California white crossed with a RIR rooster.

There's pippin at around 13 weeks taking a 'selfie' lol

And there's merry at 6 and a half months old being a daredevil and making me tear my hair out! There are raccoons up there! She just layed her 'first' egg(that I know of) today I think. So yeah...

Back
Top Bottom