Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
Here line:

Dad: Silver Laced Wyandotte
Mom: Red Sex Link

I should be getting some mixed breed eggs this weekend, blue wheaten ameraucana pullet eggs, they were on with a spangled Russian orloff roo

I don't have any cross breeds yet, but I ended up with three roosters of different breeds along with my ladies. I am considering keeping one for breeding later on. I have one silver leghorn and what I think is a welsummer.

I am wondering how the genetics for egg color works, if I bread the welsummer would the chicks from him have darker eggs? Similarly if I bread the silver leghorn would I end up with some white egg layers?

Is there any dominance in breeds? Like are some breeds genes more dominant than others?

I don't have any cross breeds yet, but I ended up with three roosters of different breeds along with my ladies. I am considering keeping one for breeding later on. I have one silver leghorn and what I think is a welsummer. 

I am wondering how the genetics for egg color works, if I bread the welsummer would the chicks from him have darker eggs? Similarly if I bread the silver leghorn would I end up with some white egg layers?

Is there any dominance in breeds? Like are some breeds genes more dominant than others?
ok there are two egg colors blue and white, brown eggs are white eggs with a brown coating, green eggs are blue eggs with a brown coating. Blue is dominant to white, white x brown = lighter brown. Blue x brown = green. Blue x white = blue. There is many genes that determine how dark the brown eggs are and nobody knows them all or how they all work but what I already stated is generally true.

This isn't exactally what you asked for but it is close. Her mom was a cuckoo Marans and her dad was an Easter egger. Hopes this helps.

What color is the EE rooster? If he's not barred or white (which can hide barring) then you made black sex link olive eggers... Which would mean that your cute little chick is male. This only works if you use a barred/ cuckoo female and non-barred male. The male offspring will be barred and hatch with a white spot on top of the head.

What color is the EE rooster? If he's not barred or white (which can hide barring) then you made black sex link olive eggers... Which would mean that your cute little chick is male. This only works if you use a barred/ cuckoo female and non-barred male. The male offspring will be barred and hatch with a white spot on top of the head.

The rooster looks like this:

Back
Top Bottom