Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
ok there are two egg colors blue and white, brown eggs are white eggs with a brown coating, green eggs are blue eggs with a brown coating. Blue is dominant to white, white x brown = lighter brown. Blue x brown = green. Blue x white = blue. There is many genes that determine how dark the brown eggs are and nobody knows them all or how they all work but what I already stated is generally true.
Cool, thanks! I think I'm keeping the Silver Leghorn, but its such a hard choice.

Cool, thanks! I think I'm keeping the Silver Leghorn, but its such a hard choice.

silver leghorn should give you good layers but egg colour depends on your girls too. if you don't have white egg layers you might end up with different shades of tinted eggs, maybe some white. if you like white eggs you should get a white egg layer pullet to be sure. my white leghorns lay jumbo size white eggs and eat little. I am thinking to get some more of them.

Black Silkie x WLH - these are cockerals - I didn't get any pullets of this mix
hmm.png

<----- This is Beast (I mean look at that comb!!!).

Black Silkie x Buff Orpington - this is the pullet and I also have two cockerels of this mix. What I find interesting is her feather pattering is so different from the guys. The guys have more of buff feathers with black lacing and they also have the black with green sheen tail feathers....beautiful (I don't have a pic of them yet, sorry)....but here's the gal....decided to name her Joan Jet (because of her Rocker Chick "hair-do"
wink.png
)

Last edited:
Speckled Sussex X Black Australorp (SS male)

Some chicks come out with a yellow area on the head, others do not.

Adolescent male shortly before butchering. Some red leakage in neck feathers, heavier in the one born with a head spot.

I have after butchered pictures but will refrain from sharing, I was fairly impressed with how well fleshed out they were.

Before I joined BYC, I had a breeding project to create a '99er' fowl. After 2 years, here are the 3 I got from the last breeding. It's been about a week and a half since they've hatched if my memory is right. Genetic tests have been taken, and they revealed 99.8% Red Orpington and 1.2% Golden Fayoumi. Close enough! There's Tourmaline at the far left, Terracotta in the middle and Clay on the far right. 2 cockerels, 1 pullet. (I think xD)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom