Cross your fingers for me. Going into lockdown.

Mwilliams32931

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
I just finished candling them and I've lost 2 for sure. Light shined straight thru. The others are a mystery to me. I see a air sack but other than that I'm not sure what I see. This is my first time incubating eggs so I am hopeful but optimistic. If I only have 1 hatch (i have 12) I will be happy.

So exciting! Hopefully everything will turn out for you! I still have 11 days left on my button quail eggs. Just candled them today and all fifteen are fertile! I'm just hoping nothing happens to them before they hatch!

I'm hoping to have some little chicks by the weekend myself. Like you, I would be happy if I had 1 hatch, but I'd prefer to have them all hatch... good luck to ya!!! Right now, I've got a storm pushing in, and I'm holding my breath on the power staying on.

If it's any help, MWilliams, I had only one hatch on my first try with button quail. Yet, I was thrilled just to have the one. Good luck to you, and please keep us posted!

Last edited:
I woke up this morning to 7 adorable texas a&m chicks chirping away! I have 2 more that I hope will hatch in the next few days. I figure 7 out of 12 isn't too bad for my first time.

Back
Top Bottom