crossbeak chick

jruhle

Songster
7 Years
Mar 16, 2012
I hatched some chicks three weeks ago and one of them has a crossbeak that's getting worse as it grows. It's a hen too darn it. I'm planning on culling her since I plan on breeding these hens. I don't want her to suffer either, it's obvious she's getting worse. If she is able to eat should I try to keep her around for eggs? I don't have time to give her special care.

I have had this problem and later the beak will also hook and special care will need to be paid to this chick and the feed bowl will need to be deep but adding water to the feed will make it easer for the feed to stick together so she can eat easer .....

I guess I could raise her to butchering size. I would not want to pass that trait on, and I was planning on eating the extra roosters anyway.

I don't know if I could kill this chick now, she's so sweet and friendly! You can pick her up and she loves it. I found out what she can eat without too Mich trouble, big fat worms! I spent the day with the babies digging up worms for them and they followed me around the yard stretching out in the sun. What a. Wonderful day!

I don't know if I could kill this chick now, she's so sweet and friendly! You can pick her up and she loves it. I found out what she can eat without too Mich trouble, big fat worms! I spent the day with the babies digging up worms for them and they followed me around the yard stretching out in the sun. What a. Wonderful day!

It sounds like you had a wonderful day ...
celebrate.gif

They will imprint n you or you on them ..
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom