crosses for meaties?

LOL. you are like reading my mind!!!!!

I just updated my experiment post while you were updating this one. Go have a read. We need to live closer together.

You have any pure red lace wyandottes? I'm looking for a few eggs for just such experiments.

Sorry I reread and see yours are all chicks. Where did you get them from? I'm currently doing that very thing with my girls and my maran roo. Although I had 5 roo's in there 4 have been sent to freezer camp. I think I sent the wrong one though. I sent a barnvelder who was a big boy at 18 weeks, dressed to 4.5 lbs I think, dang didn't write it down. But his testes were very large so he might have been the one's fertilizing my girls. I also killed 3 americana roo's which had under developed testes (or maybe not no expert here). My husband will be laughing his head off at me if it turns out I hatch 9 EE's for meat. Though the americana's tasted great of course not much meat. The Barnvelder had a far superior flavor in my opinion but I'm sure some would not like it as it was 'chewier' but chewier than mushy white CX breast meat doesn't mean tough. I enjoyed it. I felt like I was eating something and the taste was very flavorful. I put some in a curry and you could still taste the chicken. It was worth the extra expense raising DP's will cost me.

Last edited:
I bought my BLRW from some young girl here in town. She buys eggs offline and hatchs and sells the chicks. She is like 11 and just enjoys hatching. So it works for me. I tell her dad what I want he orders the eggs and I just pay for what chicks hatch. So I get a good deal. I got lavemder orps for 5 ea. So I was happy with that and my sussex where 6.

I wish we lived closer as well I need more chicken friends. And well I think we could be awesome friends your post was kinda funny. :)

Back
Top Bottom