Crossing a blue roo to a Delaware hen?

Galawhad

Hatching
Aug 10, 2022
New to BYC but not new to chickens. Wondering if anyone has ever cross a blue rooster to a Delaware hen in hopes of producing a blue or splash patterned New Hampshire red type bird down the line

You'd produce 50% black and 50% blue the first cross. Then if you cross the blue daughters to the blue father you'd get 50% blue 25% splash and 25% black.

Yes, but if I were to cross the blue hens to a New Hampshire red rooster. Black patterned red Columbian, would I in theory have a chance to produce a blue patterned red Columbian?

Yes, but if I were to cross the blue hens to a New Hampshire red rooster. Black patterned red Columbian, would I in theory have a chance to produce a blue patterned red Columbian?
Oh now I understand what you're asking! According to kippen jungle genetic calculator you could if both parents are Columbian pattern and it looks like you would get a sex link if the rooster is red and the hen is a blue Columbian. When you use that link you have to scroll all the way to the top to get the chicken one. 🙂

https://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#pluginTree

Perfect! Now that I know I’m not shooting in the dark here I may try this project on the side over the next few seasons! Tyvm for the help

Back
Top Bottom