Crossroads show!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Lund Poultry, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Lund Poultry

Lund Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, WI
    Had a great time at the Crossroads show! The kids showed in the Junior division and had Best of Breed and Reserve of Breed with there Brown Africans, Best of Breed and Reserve of Breed with there American Buffs and then the Gander went on to be Champion Medium goose. They took 4 of the Brown Chinas and all 4 placed so all N all it was a great goose show. They also showed many breeds of chickens and 2 varieties of call ducks. How did everyone else do?

2. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Congrats! Those were some nice looking birds.. Could you post some pics of them? I'd like to see them again.
    I had two chocolate guineas entered (got BV and RB) and a Coral Blue (BB). Wanted to enter the geese, but no way to transport them so far!

3. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Congratulations on your results [​IMG]

I think CottageRose may have done a post which had some pictures. A very nice Sebastopol did very well and won its group.

Pete [​IMG]

4. Silver Spring Waterfowl

Silver Spring Waterfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I think we met there! Congratulations! I'll bet the kids were just about to bust! I'd have posted sooner, but we've had back-to-back shows. Finally home until Shawnee, OK and some time to catch up on correspondence!

5. Narragansett

Narragansett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Don't forget the most important event at Crossroads II concerning geese, the qualifying meet and approval for recognition of the Blue Steinbacher goose by the APA. I'm glad to see that the breeders who are involved with them are keeping the quality of the breed up to high standards, eating any culls which do not make the cut, rather than allow poor quality representatives of the breed become seedstock for breeders who are less discriminating.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by