Crow for Mommy?

Lovem all

Songster
Jul 29, 2020
I have 4 handsome roosters. Ricky Ricardo is 6/7 and has saved our girls from lots of prediotors but is getting rough around the ages. Then I have three May babies. Diesel is a barred rock and lives in the garden with Zeppelin, my lavender orpington. They're bad, don't ask. But then there is Metallica, my Tally.

So basically Dee started crowing first, grew a big comb and never looked back. Zeppers started crowing a bit and with lots a praise would litterly wait till he saw me to start showing off. They both have big combs, desent spurs started, and wonderful voices... but then there is Tally.

Tally is a good boy, Zeppers lavender orpington twin. He's tall. Insanely so. Infact that was the only idicator he would be a roo when they were babies. He has big legs and a bid heart. He's even bigger then our full grown Ricky (a barred rock crossed with austrolorp) Well anyways this boy hasn't grown the big gobbles or comb yet, he has minimal spur growth, and he won't crow. He has sex though. Basically even when the girls started to lay he had just stopped occasionally still peeping. I will hold him and try to incourage him with my own roo noises but that only gets a noice or two sometimes (though from what I can tell is his voice will be pretty deep)

Anyways is he just a late bloomer? and why is it taking him soooo long to be a big boy (besides the height of course)

I have 4 handsome roosters. Ricky Ricardo is 6/7 and has saved our girls from lots of prediotors but is getting rough around the ages. Then I have three May babies. Diesel is a barred rock and lives in the garden with Zeppelin, my lavender orpington. They're bad, don't ask. But then there is Metallica, my Tally.

So basically Dee started crowing first, grew a big comb and never looked back. Zeppers started crowing a bit and with lots a praise would litterly wait till he saw me to start showing off. They both have big combs, desent spurs started, and wonderful voices... but then there is Tally.

Tally is a good boy, Zeppers lavender orpington twin. He's tall. Insanely so. Infact that was the only idicator he would be a roo when they were babies. He has big legs and a bid heart. He's even bigger then our full grown Ricky (a barred rock crossed with austrolorp) Well anyways this boy hasn't grown the big gobbles or comb yet, he has minimal spur growth, and he won't crow. He has sex though. Basically even when the girls started to lay he had just stopped occasionally still peeping. I will hold him and try to incourage him with my own roo noises but that only gets a noice or two sometimes (though from what I can tell is his voice will be pretty deep)

Anyways is he just a late bloomer? and why is it taking him soooo long to be a big boy (besides the height of course)
Well, they all sound like such HANDSOME boys!
Are you unsure of Zeppers gender, if so, you could post some pictures and I could take a look!

Here is Zep over a month ago. I'm 100% certain all of them are males

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 4.58.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 4.58.25 PM.png
    250.6 KB · Views: 2
So he's supressed? He only stays with Ricky and 30+ chickens. D and Z are seperated out.

Back
Top Bottom