Crowing/mating age for Cockerels

Courtkneekp

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2020
How many pullets do you have my 8 cockerels in my main coop have all grown up together with plenty of hens
I have 7 EE hens that are 6 months old, 2 Australorp pullets that are 15 weeks, 1 White Leghorn pullet that is 15 weeks, and 1 Ayam Cemani pullet that is almost 11 weeks old.

I really appreciate all the info, everyone! I didn’t realize there was such a window of time that these could happen in.

Flockincrazy

Songster
May 23, 2020
Elyria, Ohio
I have 7 EE hens that are 6 months old, 2 Australorp pullets that are 15 weeks, 1 White Leghorn pullet that is 15 weeks, and 1 Ayam Cemani pullet that is almost 11 weeks old.

I really appreciate all the info, everyone! I didn’t realize there was such a window of time that these could happen in.
If you had 5more pullets it would be perfect ratio girls to boys for both roo's lol don't mind me I am a crazy chicken math person that helps you keep them all

mcdze

Chirping
Sep 9, 2020
ive seen a wide range .. with the breeds ive dealt with generally it takes about 7-8 months maybe alittle more for a rooster to start 'acting' like a rooster and start tidbitting and 'being a man' .... before that theyll do their thing, crow maybe kinda weak at first, generally about the same time pullets start laying, but will be competitive for food and generally pretty worthless lol, especially if theyre not dominant .. a non-dominant rooster raised with a batch of chicks will basically be another hen .. that dont lay and makes noise lol ...

Flockincrazy

Songster
May 23, 2020
Elyria, Ohio
I was just telling my husband we needed 5-9 more to “round out our numbers” 😅
I say go for it we just had 2 unexpected arrivals well unexpected to me so my 10yo daughter got the small incubater out and set it up her room and hatched these little cuties

Attachments

Valley Hatchery

Top Bottom