Crowing pullet?

I thought I had a couple roosters when 3 started developing bigger combs .They didn't have saddle feathers and didn't crow and had the same markings though.I was confused.It made no sense until the combs grew out more .The farm canceled the shipment in March saying they couldn't fill the order but would have them in 3 weeks but they sent 3 Barred Rocks (and didn't say a word) .Glad to find out I don't have 3 roosters but to be honest I'd rather got the 7 of one breed than 10 of 2 breeds.The Barred Rocks don't hang out with the Dominiques.

I have a 12-13 week old Golden Laced Wyandotte that I got as a baby 4/1/21. Up until now I thought she was a pullet but today I saw her crowing. Is she a he? She is much larger than all the others raised at the same time and is currently larger than my Silver Laced Wyandotte which is a year old. Pictures attached
Definitely a boy

ok I see that is very helpful. Now that I think about it he doesn't have as much lacing as the other wyandotte which is a hen. Are wyandotte roosters nice? I'm having a dilemma on keeping him now. I don't want him to hurt the girls or be mean.
You could keep him until he matures and see how he does with the girls.If he gets mean you can always cull or re-home him but if he doesn't he could be an asset to the flock.They all make a few mistakes as they go thru puberty.

Back
Top Bottom