Crows and chickens.

minamisfit

Songster
9 Years
Mar 21, 2014
Virginia
The last couple weeks it's been like a frozen tundra here in VA! I've still been throwing scraps out on the "compost-snowpile" for the chickens. It didn't take long for a couple of crows to find the yummy beans and other scraps. They were cautious of the chickens at first but after a few days, they all eat the compost together. Idk if this will be a problem in the future but it's pretty cute now. Here's some pictures I just took. Sorry for the bad image quality I had to zoom in.

There as big as the chickens! Can you find them?

Crows aren't too much of a problem with chickens as Ravens are. As long as the Crows are not starving to death, they should all get along with your birds.

Enjoy both the Crows and your flock!! :)

I love the crows and am always happy when a pair builds a nest in our eucalyptus trees. We live in the country and have many hawks in the area. The crows act as babysitters for my hens when they are out free-ranging. They will harass, chase, fly after and worry any hawk within 1/2 mile of the nesting area. I always feel safer when the crows are around if my hens are out. They (and the ravens) have never posed a problem for the adult birds but I wouldn't let a chick out unattended !!!

Nice photos.

I love the crows and am always happy when a pair builds a nest in our eucalyptus trees. We live in the country and have many hawks in the area. The crows act as babysitters for my hens when they are out free-ranging. They will harass, chase, fly after and worry any hawk within 1/2 mile of the nesting area. I always feel safer when the crows are around if my hens are out. They (and the ravens) have never posed a problem for the adult birds but I wouldn't let a chick out unattended !!!

Nice photos.
I've heard this also. Crows are great hawk deterrents.

Back
Top Bottom