Cruella...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by poularde, Dec 8, 2011.

1. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Cruella was born with a little problem... [​IMG] [​IMG] She is a special bird that her caretaker was so excited to incubate her as an egg. She came from a special person and a lovely egg. She is a blue-copper Marans
    [​IMG]

Despite the twisted neck Cruella got along fine. She had a problem with a roo, but so did her caretaker. So, he went away.

[​IMG]

She became one of the best layers compared to her sisters and they are quite lovely also.
    [​IMG]

She loved to boss around the other chickens,
    I just wanted to say that she was attacked by some large bird of prey. She is still alive and her caretaker is doing everything she can to nurse her back to health. Cruella has laid an egg since the attack.

[​IMG]

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, Goodness....I hope Cruella pulls through...What are her injuries??

3. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    She has suffered a puncture to the back of her head and one just below her ear. One eye will not open. It has been a few days and she is still not drinking. I have been able to syringe her liquids and she will eat some scrambled eggs. She now stands with using the box she stays in as support. She lost a lot of blood. [​IMG]

4. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    OH, no....not good. Hydration is essential and, at this point, more important than food. BIG HUG!!! Hope she pulls through! Do you have baby bird handfeeding formula? If not, GO GET SOME! Most pet shops carry it - you can mix it very thin with water, and syringe a bit at a time - I swear by it for birds that are down like this. Sorry...I know you didn't as for feedback....I just can't help myself. I see the pictures of her and my heart just swells. Bless you for caring for her!

5. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Thanks Wynette. i hope she can go out and be with her buddies again. [​IMG]

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] for you and your special chicken.

7. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    poularde, you have a big heart! I would venture a guess that if anyone other than YOU had her, this gal may not even be here now...so...CARRY ON!!!! Come on, Cruella - you can do it!!!

8. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

She is beautiful.

[​IMG] she will be ok. [​IMG] for you both.

9. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Poularde~ You are a very special person and that little Cruella is a very very lucky girl. I am so sorry to hear of the attack...how sad. I hope beyond hope that she makes a speedy recovery and can rejoin her flock mates as soon as possible. HUGS to you my friend! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She lays beautiful eggs for you.

10. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I hope she gets better and makes it. [​IMG] [​IMG] Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by