Crust on feathers

I was thinking of using both! Like a belt and suspenders.......
Here is a pic of my poor Obi One’s head.

Attachments

• 0DBF3B18-5162-4A46-8F1F-112FDB0A9E5B.jpeg
    0DBF3B18-5162-4A46-8F1F-112FDB0A9E5B.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 7
I was thinking of using both! Like a belt and suspenders.......
Here is a pic of my poor Obi One’s head.
If you are finding mites, then I would treat her with the Permethrin.
The crusty skin is concerning - not sure if that's from the mites, skin infection or...? I would get some Nu Stock cream and apply to the bald crusty areas - hopefully that will help slough off the crust and heal the skin as well.

You mention she's lethargic? Is she able to eat/drink on her own?
I would get her hydrated. Give her some Poultry Cell (1cc per 3 pounds of weight) for 3-5 days and see if she will eat for you. Bits of scrambled egg are sometimes enticing.
How's her poop?
No raised scales or crusty areas on the legs?
Crop empty in the morning?

She’s just not put and about like her coup mates. She is eating and drinking so I don’t think dehydration is an issue at this point I’ve treated her multiple times this week and I see no more mites so now I just have to deal with any eggs so I’ll keep treating her. Ordered the Permethrin to treat the coup. Thank you for the products I’ll get those ASAP and treat the skin area.
really appreciate this!!!

She’s just not put and about like her coup mates. She is eating and drinking so I don’t think dehydration is an issue at this point I’ve treated her multiple times this week and I see no more mites so now I just have to deal with any eggs so I’ll keep treating her. Ordered the Permethrin to treat the coup. Thank you for the products I’ll get those ASAP and treat the skin area.
really appreciate this!!!
Oh left out other info.
her legs look good nothing there all the issues are on her head. Crop appears fine also
I'm glad she's doing a little better. A heavy mite infestation can weaken a bird, so hopefully the vitamins will give her a boost. She may benefit from some extra protein - eggs are a good choice, for anemic birds that have been infested 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of beef liver daily for a few days can be helpful as well. Your choice whether to offer liver cooked or raw, just chop up finely - make sure birds have a source of grit.

Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Hi Everyone, just an update. She is doing better, but stays in the nesting box most of the time. When I take her out to change the hay and clean it she walks around normally is eating and drinking well. Still not out and about like the others but seems to be doing fine.
Thx for all the advice and product recommendations they have all worked out
Bruce

Back
Top Bottom