Crystaliz

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Crystaliz, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Crystaliz

Crystaliz Just Hatched

Mar 17, 2017
    For Some reason I was unable to be Crystal when I registered. That is my name. All righty then. I'm new to chickens and surprised that I'm here at all and enjoying it! I've always been a magnet for orphans and rescues,so now I have chickens. Wanted a couple of hens. A friend brought me a dingy whiteish rooster (silky?) Now I have a huge black hen,a feather footed black hen that's about 1/4 the size of the other one and 3 mismatched chicks I was not equipped to care for. They have all gotten here from random unrelated directions. Disaster free so far, probably cause I'm a fast reader!Really looking forward to connecting with other chicken people!

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC, Crystal!

It's possible the username Crystal was already taken, so that's why you couldn't have it. :) Good job rescuing those birds! It's great to have you with us!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Crystal, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! I can only surmise you weren't allowed to use your name as someone else beat you to it on BYC. But that's okay - you are welcome here under whatever name you choose!
    Wow! That's quite a collection you have there. Here's a link to the Learning Center - it you like research, this is the place for you!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And you can connect with some local poultry folks in your state thread in this link:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad to meet you Crystal, [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Crystal, it's nice to have you here!

If you want help identifying the breeds of birds you have, you can post photos of them here: What Breed Or Gender is This?

Best wishes to you!

6. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I am glad you joined us! Yeah, I had to choose something unique (and a bit strange), because everyone had beat me to the names I wanted! [​IMG] I hope you enjoy BYC! Best wishes Crystal!

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Good luck with all those rescues!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Crystal [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by