CS17--The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 10, 2017

Maybe we could have an "official" chicken-chasing event
1f61d.png
Voluntary or mandatory?

It was a beautiful sunny day here in the middle of February and the setting sun really highlights the Golden willow trees that I have. That got me thinking about CS17. I'll soon be trimming the trees and I'll take some cuttings to propagate.

By the time CS17 arrives, these trees should have roots and be ready to transplant. I'll probably have green ash saplings available too.

So as a reminder, this event is also a good time for a plant swap. Bring your greenery, hosta, iris, lillies, ornamental grasses, Toxicodendron radicans, or other perennials that you are thinning out.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I plan on attending. Thanks, Candy, for starting the thread.

Um............talent contest?

Last edited:
Cindy and I will be there as usual. I have the sign-up book, raffle tickets, and assorted plates, dinnerware form before. I'll bring charcoal&dinnerware. Cindy will provide a salad bar.

we do have to figure out what else everyone is bringing.
Right. In the past, when we had big turnouts, there were seperate threads for food/swap-sell/attendance, etc. Now it's really up to individuals to post what pot-luck item they'll bring and maybe scan this thread for what others are doing. As far as the raffle table I hope evryone knows you bring an item for the table-get a raffle ticket-and receive an item during our raffle. It's a lot of fun. I always put a pint of my maple syrup. It can be any item of a "country/chicken" theme. Bring small animals too to sell...it's a great day for a meet and greet.

If I have any Flemish Giant Rabbits left I may bring them to sell. The last litter of 11 is down to 4. They would be 5 months old by then. The new kits won't be old enough to sell.

Back
Top Bottom