Cuckoo blue bar blue egg layer and super blue egg layer- girls?

Apr 30, 2021
Rocky Mountains
Hey everyone! My little ones are finally 8 weeks old and getting along really well with the rest of the flock. My question is, is this one a girl or boy? Temperament says girl but looking at it has me questioning myself. It is the most skiddish out of the bunch and hides underneath things when startled. But it was the quickest growing chick and seems much darker than pictures of them online. The end of its tail seems to have white on it. But it’s comb is small and not pink at all.

Also, the white one has a very pink comb and wattle. It is the loudest and the first to complain. It also likes to fight the most but all of my chicks in my 10 years of experience have done that, and 99% have been female.

They both spend the majority of their time with their heads down and scratching, not straight up like a cockerel.

They’re both a hybrid from My Pet Chicken- cuckoo blue bar blue egg layer and super blue egg layer.

What do you think? Should I give it a couple more weeks?

Attachments

• IMG_7438.jpeg
    IMG_7438.jpeg
    531.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7439.jpeg
    IMG_7439.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7440.jpeg
    IMG_7440.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7441.jpeg
    IMG_7441.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7442.jpeg
    IMG_7442.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7443.jpeg
    IMG_7443.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 11
Hey everyone! My little ones are finally 8 weeks old and getting along really well with the rest of the flock. My question is, is this one a girl or boy? Temperament says girl but looking at it has me questioning myself. It is the most skiddish out of the bunch and hides underneath things when startled. But it was the quickest growing chick and seems much darker than pictures of them online. The end of its tail seems to have white on it. But it’s comb is small and not pink at all.

Also, the white one has a very pink comb and wattle. It is the loudest and the first to complain. It also likes to fight the most but all of my chicks in my 10 years of experience have done that, and 99% have been female.

They both spend the majority of their time with their heads down and scratching, not straight up like a cockerel.

They’re both a hybrid from My Pet Chicken- cuckoo blue bar blue egg layer and super blue egg layer.

What do you think? Should I give it a couple more weeks?
What was the final verdict on your bluebar? I’ve got one too and is only 6 wks but growing very fast

Back
Top Bottom