Cuckoo Maran Eggs question..

ORCHKNlady

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 11, 2012
Ok so my I have two cuckoo maran hens and as I cracked into my first egg I saw that it was twins, I figured the next one would be regular and wanted to see so asked if my husband wanted an egg and he said yes and I cracked that Maran egg and it was a twin too, the kids were so excited and I had two more Maran eggs to crack and so they asked if they could have one and so I cracked those two and THOSE were twins. Is it possible to have a hen that only lays twin eggs? Seems that both of them do. This is so cool. I am just curious if this will continue or if anyone else has had anything like this?

D

Ok so my I have two cuckoo maran hens and as I cracked into my first egg I saw that it was twins, I figured the next one would be regular and wanted to see so asked if my husband wanted an egg and he said yes and I cracked that Maran egg and it was a twin too, the kids were so excited and I had two more Maran eggs to crack and so they asked if they could have one and so I cracked those two and THOSE were twins. Is it possible to have a hen that only lays twin eggs? Seems that both of them do. This is so cool. I am just curious if this will continue or if anyone else has had anything like this?

D
its not normal for a hen to lay double yolked eggs, but it happens,

here is a video of a pair of twins hatching

I thought randomly ya of course that can happen but to have all of their eggs be twins????

Are they new layers? Sometimes new layers will have double yolkers until they get egg production down. Enjoy it while it lasts

Back
Top Bottom