Cuckoo Maran Roo or Pullet?

You will know in a couple weeks that's for sure
Yep I figure she he is going to crow or lay an egg....

She he doesn't have any crazy rooster behavior. Mom lives with me and she really doesn't want a crowing bird.

They built a subdivision on my farm so I dont mind a rooster crowing ( I'm zoned agricultural outside of all town limits, the subdivision is in the town limits)

Part of me wants to yank some feathers and send-off for testing. The other 7 all look like hens, they have combs and their combs are turning red also ( same age or a little younger) but Roosterita/Rosarita is the only one with waddles.

What are the chances a pullet would have waddles that large?

Jaybyrd

She he doesn't have any crazy rooster behavior. Mom lives with me and she really doesn't want a crowing bird.

They built a subdivision on my farm so I dont mind a rooster crowing ( I'm zoned agricultural outside of all town limits, the subdivision is in the town limits)

Part of me wants to yank some feathers and send-off for testing. The other 7 all look like hens, they have combs and their combs are turning red also ( same age or a little younger) but Roosterita/Rosarita is the only one with waddles.

Jaybyrd
It would probably be a waste to pull the feathers...

The wattles and comb, and the color of them, this young is what makes me think cockerel. Pullets don't turn red until around 16-20 weeks.

I'm saying that's a cockerel. This was my cuckoo maran at 10 weeks. Those wattles and comb are way too big

Attachments

• IMG_20210611_221839_389.jpg
    IMG_20210611_221839_389.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 2

Jaybyrd
It's 100% a cockerel, sorry

Well I confirmed I have a rooster. I couldn't wait so paid to have a feather test done and came back Male. Hopefully he will grow up to be nice.

Back
Top Bottom