Cuckoo Marans?

WynnStormborn

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2019
20190927_135127.jpg 20190927_135101.jpg

This gal was given to me as a BCM...

She is molting but barring seems evident though very splotchy. She also isn't black and white. She's sort of light brown on dark brown. Maybe she's an olive egger?

Attachments

• 20190927_134012.jpg
    20190927_134012.jpg
    760.7 KB · Views: 26
Oh okay. I’m not that familiar with the ins and outs of maran standards.

I’d say the brown is dirt. I had a nice feathered barred rock end up looking like that due to dirtiness overtime.

Definitely not dirt. She wouldn't be dirty for over a month especially not while molting. I'll see if I can find a feather from her.

She looks like my olive egger who is a mix of cream crested legbar and BCM. Definitely not a BCM

Works for me. I have the stock to make olive Eggers and just haven't gotten with the program yet. I couldn't figure out why he was so set on believing she was BCM but if she came from a BCM hen, he probably didn't think anymore of it.

I'm excited to see what she looks like when she's done molting.

The SOP for Marans is feathered legs!! The English standard is clean legs. This is only if you are breeding to SOP!! Very few BCM's will meet standards, I have been breeding Black Copper Marans for 5 years. TOM

I prefer feathered legs. I was just meaning that not having feathered legs has no bearing on whether or not she is marans.

Back
Top Bottom