Cuckoo Silkies- Updated Pics Page 4

Breed a male with one copy of the gene with a cuckoo female and you will get males with one and two copies of the gene and both cuckoo and black females.  Breed a male with one copy with a black female and you will get cuckoo (one copy) and black of both genders.

Yup, it most likely came from a cuckoo rooster. But it will not be able to pass the gene for cuckoo to its kids. You can still use it in your project, but it will be the same as useing any other black colored silkie in the project. No extra hidden advantage.
Sonoran answered you above.

Ok. So now I am curious. The lady I got them fom said that she only had a cuckoo roo. Hmmm or maybe just one cuckoo roo in general. So it could be safe tosay that I can use that black pullet in my black pen with no worries of cuckoo showing up in her offspring

And yes you should be able to put him or her in your black pen with no issue:D

out taking pictures of my young ones today thought i would share...

cuckoo silkie

cuckoo sizzle

creole cuckoo polish chick. i want to pair with some of the sizzle i hatched out this year to increase the crest size of next years sizzle creole chicks.

and lastly my sweet little Pricilla, my creole cuckoo silkie roo. he's over a year old and never once crowed and sweet as can be, love him
love.gif
. also want to pair him up with some cuckoo sizzles i hatched out this year for breeding next year. just have to cross my fingers and hope that i hatched out enough sizzle girls for them.

out taking pictures of my young ones today thought i would share...

and lastly my sweet little Pricilla, my creole cuckoo silkie roo. he's over a year old and never once crowed and sweet as can be, love him
love.gif
. also want to pair him up with some cuckoo sizzles i hatched out this year for breeding next year. just have to cross my fingers and hope that i hatched out enough sizzle girls for them.

Is that a rooster you hatched out from the Cuckoo eggs, about what you wrote in the other Thread?
He is so beautiful.

Yup that's him :) thanks for finding him, I'll post pictures of his two brothers and two sisters I was lucky enough to hatch out. But one is a silver cuckoo roo, one pure red silkie roo, (the roo in the picture abouve red black and white stripes so i've been calling him creole)one chocolate hen and one light red cuckoo hen, it was almost 2 years ago and i was very new to hatching, plus I'm sure the quality has improved, since my cockoo's all have red combs, and lighter skin. There was also one very lovely porcelain cuckoo roo that was breath taking but of course that the one a hawk go's after:(. My new sizzle babies ( not from the mail order eggs) almost all have dark skin and combs. But I hear that sometimes fades with time? Plus two years ago the eggs he was selling where $100 for 3 dozen. Instead of $250 they are now. I highly recommend them but I'll have to wait for a big pay day to afford them again :)

I hardly can wait till my little ones are going to hatch. I candled some of my eggs really quick this morning and the ones I checked are all fertilized. Was kinda afraid to let them to long out of the incubator.
You got your eggs when they were still 100 Dollar. Yes 250 is pricy but I think the birds are just awesome and I couldn`t resist.
I want to breed the cuckoos to my other Silkies and get birds with dark skin but hopefully with the beautiful color patterns.
Oh and buy the way I have Crele Polish chicks too. They are so cute. I need to make some pictures too and post them.

Last edited:
Well worth it, just may take me a bit longer to save my penny's for more eggs from him:)
Congrats on the good fertility!!!
Hope you get a excellent hatch!!
I love my little polish chicks:) hoping to mix them in my sizzle project to Inprove crest size and mix them with my other silkies and sizzles to Inprove skin and comb color, all of my sizzle this year had very nice dark black skin and comb, only two cuckoo sizzles had lighter mulberry coloring. So I'm excited to do a little mixing. I'm a big fan of the colored cuckoos reds, buffs, porcelain ext...
Keep us posted on your hatch!!!
Love to see what you hatch out:)

Never thought about breeding a Polish to a sizzle. Would be cool to have a Sizzle/ Silkie with the Crele Colors. Bet that would look great!
Yes like the colors from his birds a lot too. I almost bought grey Cuckoo eggs on ebay, but now I am even happier.
I will post pictures when they hatch. Still need to make some pictures from my last hatch.

Back
Top Bottom