Culling males

Wow that IS a big difference LOL I’ve always known in the back of my mind I did not want to raise buttons because of the size but I actually never looked into it because I fell in love with the Coturnix so I just kept on keeping on with them...

But yes they are very small.

Is there any place like ok well school is out for now but maybe someone would like them as pets? Free to a good home only? Kids? Are they good with kids? lol!

I have one that is pet friendly but he is my nursemaid and favorite so I plan to keep him. The others are very flighty so wouldn’t be good as pets. I think I am gonna try to find homes for them again and then go from there.

I have found I have too many male buttons and need to cull some as I have tried to sell them but can’t. Any ideas how to do this and not waste their lives? My cage is turning bloody and I need to fix it.
First :welcome . Several years ago I made quail cages for some people who were raising them but didn't have time to make cages. Because quails are jumpers they weren't very high.

Do you know anyone who has reptiles, or a reptile store in the area? Large snakes would appreciate quail as treats.
Dogs or cats would probably like to eat a pre-killed one.
If you can't find anything else to do, just bury them outside, the bugs and such will eat it. Nature doesn't waste a thing.

Back
Top Bottom