Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

No so professional gate, but my kids don't mind and won't gripe about it.. Henri and crew are now in the back half of the 20 x 22' run.
DSC_0621.JPG

Henri's Chateau Le' Chicks..
DSC_0623.JPG

Still need to rip some 1 x 6 to overlay the gaps, and then make a door.

And then I need to cover the sides of this old dog house I ripped the tin off of.. This is where Charlie and Henrietta reside... The Barn of Bairns.
DSC_0622.JPG

once I moved that tub around to where she kept dropping her eggs, she stopped moving them. Got a nice clutch going and.. hopefully she might sit them.

The two hoop coops I built this summer next to the old dog 'kennel' now a chicken run.

DSC_0626.JPG

nice pictures! you have a nice setup
Thanks youuuuuuuuu! I'm working hard on it.. chicken math has taken over my brainz... Broke down Henri's hideaway (an old 8 panel dog pen) and moved it in two sections next to the hoop coops. Each section is 5 x 5'. I need to make a roof structure over each section now, and they will be for breed specific pairs. Chickens, chickens, chickens, chickens.... math math math.
:lau

No so professional gate, but my kids don't mind and won't gripe about it.. Henri and crew are now in the back half of the 20 x 22' run.
View attachment 2374224
Henri's Chateau Le' Chicks..
View attachment 2374228
Still need to rip some 1 x 6 to overlay the gaps, and then make a door.

And then I need to cover the sides of this old dog house I ripped the tin off of.. This is where Charlie and Henrietta reside... The Barn of Bairns.
View attachment 2374232
once I moved that tub around to where she kept dropping her eggs, she stopped moving them. Got a nice clutch going and.. hopefully she might sit them.

The two hoop coops I built this summer next to the old dog 'kennel' now a chicken run.

View attachment 2374236
I love your little chicken community! They all have their own houses. So perfect! :love

Thanks youuuuuuuuu! I'm working hard on it.. chicken math has taken over my brainz... Broke down Henri's hideaway (an old 8 panel dog pen) and moved it in two sections next to the hoop coops. Each section is 5 x 5'. I need to make a roof structure over each section now, and they will be for breed specific pairs. Chickens, chickens, chickens, chickens.... math math math.
:lau
Ain't it fun??? :wee :ya

Ain't it fun??? :wee :ya
Yush, and nowwwwwwwwww. After putting the incubator in lock down yesterday morning, I has a chick pipping!! Bruiser and Maggie's replacement egg for one that didn't hatch last go.

Now I'm curious... I found my blue copper marans near dead two weeks ago today.. She's recuperating nicely but doesn't seem to wanna be outside of her crate. I take her out daily while I'm picking up pecans.. She mostly lays there unless I get too far away then comes bee bopping over to where I am.. If I sit on the ground she's right there next to me. I think I may have to build or buy her a separate coup/run because she can't live in the house all her life in a dog crate. She's 9 weeks old this week, and I wonder how long she wants to be pampered inside the house?

Yush, and nowwwwwwwwww. After putting the incubator in lock down yesterday morning, I has a chick pipping!! Bruiser and Maggie's replacement egg for one that didn't hatch last go.

Now I'm curious... I found my blue copper marans near dead two weeks ago today.. She's recuperating nicely but doesn't seem to wanna be outside of her crate. I take her out daily while I'm picking up pecans.. She mostly lays there unless I get too far away then comes bee bopping over to where I am.. If I sit on the ground she's right there next to me. I think I may have to build or buy her a separate coup/run because she can't live in the house all her life in a dog crate. She's 9 weeks old this week, and I wonder how long she wants to be pampered inside the house?
🤔 Hmmm...you may have raised a house chicken. :D

Back
Top Bottom