Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

We have the mud season too. We call it winter. :gig
I was in Oregon, in Philomath for a year and a half. Loved summers, but lordy, 9 months of winter was too much for me. Cold drizzly weather for me is winter. Took the first job I could find back south to get out of that. I did love Willamette Nat'l Forest though.. The smell was just awesome!

I was in Oregon, in Philomath for a year and a half. Loved summers, but lordy, 9 months of winter was too much for me. Cold drizzly weather for me is winter. Took the first job I could find back south to get out of that. I did love Willamette Nat'l Forest though.. The smell was just awesome!
Same thing in NS. Lived there from 1974 to 1992. Finally I called hubby and said, Let's move to FL! So we did. Took a long time for him to get a green card, but it worked.

The smell of the forest is amazing. That's why I live in it. :D And I don't mind the rain. It keeps everything green. But January and February this year were a bit much. I had "ponds" in the chicken run. It's the first year here that it was like that, so now this year we prepared. When we built the new coop, we added a fully covered run that will stay dry. I may have to keep them in it during those months if they are as bad next year. It was the first time I ever had to treat them for Coccidiosis, and I blame the puddles.

Good morning all.
Chickens are up and about, hiding from the rain in their old coop/ play area.
Time for a coffee then back to dealing with today's chores :caf

Just help yourselves to the coffee and tea ☕☕☕
Thank you.. not quite daylight here and mine are out greeting the day. Shhhhhhhh, mommy wants to sleep a bit.

Back
Top Bottom