Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

It was a long weekend we got the coop done and the chicks love it! I went to bed abut midnight and slept until 945 am! WOW longest Ive slept ina long time. Got the chicks wet food and took it out to them the were dust bathing in the sand lol. They had dry food out there. No predators last night. Of course I really only have hawks and possums. And we already scared the possums to death lol. Thanks for the coffee I really need it!

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! Thanks for the coffee, George!

It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood. We got up to high 90's yesterday, probably will today. I'm soaking in every ray of sunshine in this rainy state. Enjoying every minute of it! The chickens are fine. Their area has a lot of tree cover and stays at least 10 degrees cooler. We make sure they have plenty of fresh cool water and bring them treats like frozen peas, carrots and corn, or watermelon. They are spoiled. Not to mention the berry run is in their area, so I stand out there and pick berries for them. Some of them will come and take it out of my fingers, but others are a little shy, so I toss them out and they race to see who gets the berry. They are so cute.

Its a foggy 69 degree morning. I wake up at 4am get my coffee, watch some tv and get awake. It takes me about an hour to get awake lol. I start the morning at 6am by putting 3 dogs up, my dogs, and letting 2 dogs out of thier room, my daughters dogs. Angel and Kush. Angel is mostly blind but I turn on all the lights because she can see shapes and shadows, I let her potty on the deck because she doesnt see well and I can clean it off. She also doesnt hear well and is diabetic so she gets an insulin shot during breakfast and dinner. Her and her sister both take thyroid medicine.
I let my dogs out and give sookie her medicine, she has heart issues and just got done with medicine for a UTI. I repeat this through out the day and in the evening during dinner. (except for the meds)
Then I go get the chicks up and feed them their wet starter food with a handful of scratch in it and some herbs, they love it. I watch them for a little bit. Dottie has been coming right to me and jumping in my hand she really enjoys my company. They are amazing to watch and melt my heart, I spend alot of time with them. They cry at night when I put them to bed.
Today will be their first day in the coop, I will be out their most of the time showing them everything like a mother hen. And that is my morning.
I have not seen a temperature under 70 in months! Lucky you!
I can hardly wait for fall.

Back
Top Bottom