Curious about the gender of a few Easter Eggers I acquired

Hekpme25

Hatching
Apr 21, 2019
Hi everyone, I just acquired a few Easter eggers the other day and am looking to possibly find out if anyone can help me figure out their gender. I know it’s not 100% guaranteed, but any thoughts would be appreciated. They are about 7 weeks old. Also sorry if the pic isn’t good, I can post more if needed.

Attachments

• AD16602D-169E-47DC-9AC6-9BEB5381AA99.jpeg
    AD16602D-169E-47DC-9AC6-9BEB5381AA99.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
At this age they should be getting the tail and spikes if they havent gotten it already. Yours has a pea comb so it's harder to tell by judging those combs.

Hi, I really appreciate all of the comments, and sorry I haven’t responded in a few weeks. But that’s what I was thinking too originally, that the blue was a cockerel and the others were pullets. BUT, now coming up on 9 weeks old I’m inclined to believe that I may have two cockerels as the blacks comb is looking more like the blues. Then again maybe I’m completely wrong. Also the comb on the blue hasn’t grown any at all and is honestly looking a little more dull pink now, is it possible that it was a pullet all along with just a darker than normal comb? I can post pics this morning when I go out to check on them.

Back
Top Bottom