Curious Hen not acting the same

Ihavethemostbeautifulgirl

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
I have a 11 week old hen she is a Dominique and her personality has always been Ms. Curious always the first one to come and see what I have but yesterday I noticed a bunch of poop stuck in her feathers so much that I had to cut it out and now she is real lethargic not really moving around much just kind of staying in the same spot. I picked her up today to see if she is swollen or hard anywhere on her body but I didn’t really feel anything but I also don’t know what I’m feeling for, she also isn’t stretching her neck or anything either if anyone can help me tell me what I need to do for her I would so appreciate it. I also have 9 other hens that are acting just fine it’s just her so please if anyone knows what to do please help me.

Did you inspect her cloaca or did you just cut the poop that stuck in her feathers?

Maybe her cloaca is blocked by poop and needs a careful cleaning with lukewarm water. Be sure to dry her well when done. Usually they poop shortly after being washed, so be prepared...

Did you inspect her cloaca or did you just cut the poop that stuck in her feathers?

Maybe her cloaca is blocked by poop and needs a careful cleaning with lukewarm water. Be sure to dry her well when done. Usually they poop shortly after being washed, so be prepared...
Yes I checked her cloaca and it looks fine she is still pooping and there’s no poop stuck on her today at all and I’ve watched her eat and drink she’s not interested in any of the treats like mealworms, chicken scratch or bread and she isn’t moving around a whole lot. Is there anything else I can check or give her?

You could add some vitamins to their water and provide scrambled eggs.

Inspect her closely for mites and lice.

Deworm her and the others as well.

Did you inspect your coop for poultry mites? It's the time of the year...

No I have not done that but I will thank you 🙏

Awe thank you so much for asking she is her curious self again lol I couldn’t see any mites or anything but I still dusted their coop and everything with that powder stuff just to make sure! I just love this blog page everyone on it is so helpful. Thank you again for your help cuz I truly love my girls! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom