Curious here

Heathero617

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Mosheim
Will preparing to lay the first REAL egg, will a chickie be "off"? Not be herself? Seem under the weather?

Last edited:
Here is the reason I ask...
My OEGB "Banjo" is about 18-20 weeks old. The past 2 days she's been "off" loafing around, eating and drinking but not much. She's certainly not broody as I've seen broody and this isnt it. I have checked her over several times, no mites, no lice, no injuries, no goofy poo, no snot, no goopy eyes...just loafing most times fluffed uphead and neck crunched down on her "shoulders" I go out tonight after treating their water with some broad spectrum antis, to lock up and check on everyone and here was this little treat. Not in the boxes but by the door of the coop. It's the same color as the wierd capsule looking one I got on the 7th, a tannish/pink. Now in reading I found that oegb lay a tannish egg. I don't remember the egg she hatched from being quite this small, but it may have been. But would the building and passing of her first "real" egg have put her down and out like that for the past 2 days? She was huddled with the rest and I couldnt reach her to check on her tonight, so i'll have to see how she acts in the morning. I HOPE this is the explination to her not being well. My attack with anti's will have been futile, but I figured if she caught "something" from somewhere >no clue where< then i best just go all out against whatever I could.

81272_first_real_egg.jpg

81272_compare.jpg
This is next to a large.

Mine didn't act like that. Mine acted a little funny, pacing or throwing hay over their backs, even sitting in the nest box for a while. But they didn't act sick.

Back
Top Bottom