Curious newbie on Long Island

warmheart

Songster
7 Years
Sep 30, 2012
Norton, MA
Hello there!
frow.gif
Thank you for such a chatty, lovely, chicken-y forum! I'm pleased to meet you all. I'm wishing to learn as much as I can about keeping just a few (bantams, perhaps) in our relatively good-sized suburban backyard. My main interests are to have friendly, docile, quiet chickens to lovingly nurture. Their wellbeing, and being kind to their spirits, is important to me. Eggs would be nice, too!
cool.png
(even if small) I'm hoping for peace and harmony in the backyard realm.
love.gif

Me: I am blind but with a bit of residual eyesight, am a Reiki master, teach T'ai Chi when I can, love my German Shepherd "Grimm," and my rescued indoor FIV+ cat "Smokey." Love organic gardening, hiking, eating natural foods, Zen meditation, reading, walking, swimming in the bay, herbal healing, growing flowers, and playing ball with Grimm in the backyard.

While my boyfriend has raised chickens before, I have a lot to learn! Researching is my first step. Thank you again for having such a great forum!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Greetings from Kansas, warmheart, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined us! Your story is quite an inspiration and I admire your spirit. I think getting some bantams would be a great idea - chickens are just good for the soul! I wish you the best of luck!!

:welcome

Many standard sized chickens come in bantam form as well, so there are so many to choose from. Silkies are a great bantam to keep in my opinion. They are soft, sweet and easy to handle.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png
You truly are a inspiration! I hope you can find the right breed for you.

Back
Top Bottom