Curious question about muscovy duckling

More pictures of the baby! He's getting his feathers in now. :D I'm always amazed at how fast they grow up. Soon enough we will know if it really is a boy!

20200202_153735.jpg

20200202_153722.jpg

And if anyone notices...yes, I lost my little white baby. I'm very very disappointed that I lost both my colorful ducklings in this clutch. (I had a chocolate colored one taken by a hawk the other week, despite my best efforts to keep them safe). Last Saturday I had to witness a hawk take the little one, as it had been dropped in our neighbor's yard, and short of jumping the fence there was no way to get back there and the neighbors weren't home. :( Thankfully I have been able to keep these remaining two safe, and mama Aspen has been a good mother as always.

Updated pictures! They're getting in some beautiful plumage. They hardly look like babies anymore!!

I haven't been socializing them quite as much as other clutches, but my dark/pied one is fairly bold and friendly around me. I took some treats out there yesterday, and surprisingly my more skittish big guy here warmed up immediately to me and was sitting in my hands, nibbling my fingers, and enjoying being pet. :D It goes to show food is the path to their hearts....

This one was from a few days ago:
20200210_120547.jpg

And this is from today:
20200212_174219.jpg

20200212_175116.jpg

I'm in love with his markings so far...his feet and beak are nearly pure pink/tan, except for a couple of freckles. :love And his sibling is getting in a pretty pied pattern, but my pictures didn't turn out clear, so here's just a side one of him/her with mama Aspen:

20200212_174222.jpg

Losing littles are always so hard. But, your remaining two are precious! I love our Muscovies. They have so much personality! Though, my prima dona is my Rouen. She is all flair, while the Muscovies are the quiet cool. Now... my newest babies are going to be interesting, spoiled rotten runners.

Your Muscovies have wonderful markings and that momma is just beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom