1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    What will a Bearded Buff Silkie rooster give.........
    [​IMG]
    When crossed with a white Non Beared Silkie hen?

I am not sure if I want more than 3 roosters. I am going to get a good white silkie rooster for Princess sometime in the next 6 weeks. Gotta wait for my finacial aid to come first! [​IMG]

If it is NOT a good idea to pair Sunny up with Snowball, then I will just look for a Buff silkie hen for him, and keep Snowball to show in the fair.

2. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

I really want to know. Please someone post!

3. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    a somewhat bearded buff like bird.. buff has many powerful columbian restrictors, and the white silkies are recessive white and based on eb,

4. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Sooooo, I guess it is not a good idea to pair those two together?

5. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    why not? unless you Show your birds I dont see why not. having chickens should be fun

6. I'd also like to know!

7. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

I just show my chickens in the local fair every summer. They do win prizes, but I do wonder what Princess would do in a REAL show.
    [​IMG]
    Isn't she lovely? She has filled out to the full Silkie fluff since this picture. You cannot see her face except for the tip of her beak. She is 8 months old now, this was taken when she was only 4 months old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by