Curiousity, What would you do with classroom chicks?

Revelle

Songster
9 Years
Jan 30, 2010
Silvis
My science teacher wants to hatch chicks in her class! Problem is, I'm the only one that we know that'll have em, and I'm not going to be instate when she hatches. It's illegal for her to keep them as well.
roll.png

Sooo.. What would you do if you were the teacher in this situation?
smile.png
I'm trying to find some ways to help with the chick problem since she was super excited about it last time I talked to her about it. Right now all I have is finding a farm (surprisingly harder than it seems around here), or asking people on here to take 'em. xD

I'm sure if you post the state you are from there will be someone on here interested. There is always "Craigslist" or locally distributed advertisement papers that she could place an add. At any rate, it shouldn't be a problem to find a home in most areas.

I take mine home!
wink.png
go with the craigslist thing...or...do you have an FFA chapter...do they do an auction or anything to raise money...

Well, right now it's just what others would do.
smile.png
It's going to be most of a year before she does a classroom project.
wink.png

EDIT// FFA? I'll look into that, thanks.
love.gif

Last edited:
My son's class hatched out some eggs and there were plenty of students who wanted them. Unfortunately because of the fluctuations in temp and back-and-forth with the incubator over the holidays (this was last fall) they only had a few hatch. But no one objected to the students taking them home here in CA.

Back
Top Bottom