Curled toe?!

SharonJean

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
Pensacola, FL
I have a one month old Rhode Island Red, Little Red, who has one toe that is curled around backwards. She doesnt seem to have any problem getting around and she is just as spry as our 8 other month old chicks, jumping and flapping around. I'm concerned about her and want to know if I should make her a foot splint like I have seen people suggest or not because it is just one toe on one of her feet and shes still very agile. I love Little Red so much and just want to make sure we wont run into any future problems with her toe as she grows. Sorry no picture yet but I will try to get a picture up soon.

Last edited:
I have a RIR that also has a curled toe. She's prolly about a year old now. I noticed her toe when she was a chick as well. It never did really affect her. I would say to just leave her alone. It doesn't bother her and she can get around just fine. If it was broken, then yeah wrap it up and splint it. But since its just a curled toe, I would say best to leave her alone. It shouldn't affect her quality of life any =]

Back
Top Bottom