Curled toes in newly hatched chick

MamaRiley

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2023
I have a chick from an assisted hatch that has curled toes on both feet. It’s been about 15 hours since hatching. It does stand and walk around and sometimes gets its toes on one foot straightened out somewhat. I read about making the boot. I’m wondering if I should wait to see if it straightens out completely in its own? And if I should wait, how long to wait? It is still in the incubator by itself (the other chicks hatched 3 days before it).
Thank you for any help!!

I have a chick from an assisted hatch that has curled toes on both feet. It’s been about 15 hours since hatching. It does stand and walk around and sometimes gets its toes on one foot straightened out somewhat. I read about making the boot. I’m wondering if I should wait to see if it straightens out completely in its own? And if I should wait, how long to wait? It is still in the incubator by itself (the other chicks hatched 3 days before it).
Thank you for any help!!
Can you make shoes for the chick?

I had a pheasant chick hatch with its toes curled under. Is this what your talking about making shoes for?
PXL_20230629_105426928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom