Curled toes, splayed leg, and wry neck. Day old chick. Please help. 😭

Yes it won't affect him, I had a buff orpington roo with wire neck at 2 1/2 week old and now he is a happy healthy 3 1/2 month old.
Also do you have natural women's vitamins? in so post a picture of the ingredients
We have some forms of vitamins. Like a tablet? We also have B-12 injectable, Poultry NutriDrench, Goat nutridrench and some rooster booster.

Thank you so much! I’ve seen the braces but I’m not sure how to deal with all three issues at once. 😬 Do you think it’s best if he stays in the incubator or goes in the brooder? It was a terrible hatch with only 3 (including him) out of 12+ eggs. Conditions were really bad but I won’t get into it. There are currently 3 other chicks all healthy all normal in the brooder. There is lots of space so they shouldn’t trample him.
of course, im looking through my book now

unfortunately i could not find anything specifically like that, but he could be dehydrated.
you should probably wrap some tape around his toes to straighten them, and make sure to put marbles in the water so chicks dont drown.
he probably is very exhausted from hatching. if he moves around too much right after hatching, thats probably the reason his toes are curled. another thing you can do is take soe fabric and cut two small leg holes in it, and attach it on a box. place the food and water next to him on the fabric so he can rest, eat, and drink without having to put weight on his toes. keep him warm with a heatlamp and maybe put a thin cloth over him so he feels safe.
thats probably the best you can do for him :(
i wish you luck
make sure he drinks water and eats.

50+ yrs of raising chickens has taught me not to coddle a sickly bird bcz it's likely it'll be a sickly/weak adult w/ a short life span
things happen w/ chickens and there will be deaths and losses but fortunately they reproduce quickly and there will be others

Back
Top Bottom